Have you ever struggled with holiday gift-giving? Have you considered giving original artwork? Art is much more than a stocking stuffer, and it’s more affordable than you might think. Here are 5 inspiring reasons why giving art may be your best gifting idea ever:
- It’s personal. Buying someone artwork for Christmas shows that you care about them. Further, if you choose the colors, form, and style that match your recipient’s personality and taste, it shows how well you know them and cared enough to put some thought into it.
- It’s unique and unexpected. Surprise! No socks, candy, or ties are necessary this year. Make your gift of art stand out from the rest.
- It supports local businesses. Buying from local galleries is a way of supporting local small businesses and boosting the local economy. Not only do you support the gallery, you also support the artist.
- It supports artists. We’ve all heard the term “starving artist”. Buying art from a local artist helps support their livelihood and it boosts their recognition.
- It’s long-lasting. A unique piece of art won’t wear out, it won’t break, and it won’t need new batteries. Every time the recipient looks at a gifted art piece, they will think of you!
The concept of giving artwork for gifts this holiday season was the inspiration behind the Holiday Art Special Event at Life In the West Art Gallery this December. The show will feature artists from the Broomfield, CO area, showcasing wildlife art, western art, landscape art, and portraits by Malaya. There will be “Santa Specials” as well as miniature original artworks priced under $150, ideal for gift giving or for your own home or office. We hope you’ll join us!
Life In The West Studio & Gallery
Friday, Dec. 2: 3:00 – 8:00 p.m.
(artwork shown above: Frosted Flatirons by Don Woodard)